Thread: Pickle's Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 04:42 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pickle's Thread

It has been a bizarre and slightly stressful last week! With Pickle suddenly developing an issue just before the Robo arrived. Very bizarre with one hamster having gentle care and meds and the other one a new excited maverick one settling into a cage.

But both are getting my attention. Pickle mostly as the Robo needs settling in time anyway.

I was reassured to see Pickle zooming along in his tube to and from his sputnik and using his wheel at night, on the nightcam. Although I haven't actually seen him for the last two nights. He's avoiding me since the vet visit. Sad. No more coming to the door and whisker kisses at the moment. It might partly be as well that the feeding regime has changed with the meds, so instead of one distinct feeding time with veg to look forward to, he has intermittent ones with exciting beefy stuff put in front of his house - so no motivation to come out!

I do think he likes that there's another hamster again though - he had only ever known another hamster being here from being a baby (Moo) and did seem quite affected after Moo died. I think the robo whizzing about may have stimulated Pickle to keep coming out at night. But maybe he would do that anyway - I don't know. Anyway it hasn't stopped him coming out at night.

He is running in his wheel the other way round to usual. Which is strange, because now he's running the opposite way, his bad eye is nearer the middle - you would think it would be the other way round (in case he catches it against the spinning centre part). But maybe it's to avoid air flow on his eye?
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote