View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 12:58 PM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has some health issues? I want to confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Are these the same bugs as before? Do you have a photo? They won’t be from the hamster- hamster mites need to be seen under a microscope they’re so small. Any plants nearby?

This is bad news as he’s just had a full cage clean. If they’re in his nests then almost certainly hatching out from food. I think you used the same bag after the cage clean didn’t you? And it was wait and see. Did you manage to get a new bag and freeze it?
Yes, I do have a photo. I'm trying to figure out what those things are.

I don't think those are bed bugs, because I haven't seen them anywhere else and I saw them crawling in his nests only. I didn't destroy all of the nests. The bugs were very easy to kill, but once I killed them there was a lot of blood, which means they've probably eaten my little hamster.
Yes, I'm using the same food, I think freezing it didn't help and I have to throw it away for real. I used the same food, but different bedding.
The bugs just walked, didn't jump or anything.

Other than that me and my hamster are fairly close. I can even pet him and he comes close to me and on my hand and tries to climb up from my hand and even my playpen arrived. I can't tell if he likes it in there or not. I'm afraid if I deep clean he's cage again we'll be back to stage 1.

The new bedding and new food I have for him are still in the freezer. Do you think I should deep clean his cage again? I downloaded some app that 'recognises' bugs but it gave me different bugs every time. From bed bugs to bugs I've never heard of, but I dont have anything on my body and my sheets are clean. I don't know… Do you happen to know what those bugs are?
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote