View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Robo coming next week :-)

So Robo is coming tomorrow and his cage set up is finished. Did a bit more tweaking today. There are still a couple of small things in the freezer that will need to be added later (some treat snacks and a dangly loofa thing.

So - it was quite fiddly. Done a bit at a time over the last week and a bit in between other things as it's been a busy week (so the delay has worked in my favour).

Setting up a plaza for a robo there is the height issue.

Have 4" high cardboard around the inside of most of the bars and about 9" of substrate. Which reduces the height a lot. So house is supported on full height legs (and still looks low!). The rock thing is resin and quite light, but sat on a platform anyway as quite big so would still weigh a bit. The platform underneath is the my hack platform made from Pickle's old house - it also has dowel legs glued to it so supported underneath.

It's all Fitch but a bit of Finacard sprinkled on top and a few cornflower petals.

So I got it all set up eventually after missing screws and wingnuts for various shelves - found the screws eventually. And the ladder well and truly secure. Glued a dowel to the shelf but it could still lift up so OH drilled a hole in the side and I screwed that to the bars as well.

Attachment 52585

Attachment 52586

Attachment 52587

Attachment 52588

Attachment 52589

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:58 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote