View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 04:01 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Robo coming next week :-)

LONG wait for this Robo! Originally it was supposed to be between Sunday and Wednesday this week. I hadn't heard anything for a while so messaged them and someone replied saying the branch in my area had had a bit of an emergency so would be in touch soon. I messaged again to see which day it was likely to be this week and they said - still organising that - probably next Sunday!

That may work out better for me anyway as I had planned to get the cage all finalised this week-end just gone and loads of family things got dropped on me out of the blue so it would have been a rushed thing tomorrow. I am fiddling about with the house on legs trying to get it right and need uninterrupted time! And also to have the cage on the floor (hard to screw things to the back of the plaza without easy access to all sides at floor level).

Anyway it's looking now like I will easily fill it (in fact having difficulty getting things to fit! As the labyrinth house at one end and the shelf at the other end, and the longer ladder doesn't leave a huge amount of open floor space to fit anything else.

And had some plastikote issues. I bought two new pots of clear plastikote and it seemed a bit strange this time - sort of bubbly when painted on and didn't go on that well. Anyway after it had dried, the house and wheel were incredibly rough! And left sort of sharp bits - so I've had to sand them all over! A shame when they were lovely smooth wood to start with. I have never had this with plastikote before - maybe an old batch or something. The shelf was already plastikoted and that's fine and smooth.

So house and wood wheel all nice and smooth now - no idea if the plastikote will actually waterproof them now though but hey ho.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote