Thread: Balding hamster
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 12:00 PM  
jsp
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Balding hamster

Hi,

Thank you very much for mentioning about the salt. That did occur to me as well after I said it, so I'm really glad you posted about that.

I just realised, I've actually changed his diet recently as I was giving him loads of nuts and was feeling guilty about it because I thought maybe that was wrong. I used to give him peanuts and pecans and hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and cashew nuts and goodness knows what else. I used to just buy nuts from the supermarket that were really meant for people.

I have no idea if he was eating them at all but he really liked to carry them around and I started to worry that it was a lot of money and food waste when it was really food meant for humans.

Do you think having access to a lot of nuts was good for him?

Also I used to give our previous hamster readybrek pancakes made up with water and with strawberry jam on top. Readybrek has no added suger but does have added vitamins. She seemed to be quite happy with it, but I never know what Roc likes as he doesn't eat in front of us.

Do you think readybrek is a good idea?

He is loving the linseeds. I watched him last night loading his pouches with them. He looked so happy shoveling them in. His fur is starting to look better actually.

Thanks!
jsp is offline   Reply With Quote