View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 07:18 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: I think my hamster has some health issues? I want to confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I remember that worry with your first fur baby! Don't worry he looks perfectly normal. What it is, because he's a boy, is his man testicles have swollen because he's warm and comfortable They often "descend" like that when they're relaxed, asleep or cosy and warm. And they quite enjoy sitting on - what Souffle once called them - their "portacushions". There will be more skin visible in that area without much fur.

I think he maybe just needs time to fully settle in after the recent problem with the bugs and cage clean. In a couple of weeks he'll probably have got some habits and a nesting area (or two). Dwarf hamsters can sometimes sleep in funny places

I would add more substrate though. He might want to burrow down a bit or dig a tunnel - he'd enjoy that.
Thank you so much for your reply. You made me feel better. I was so worried. I plan to start completely taming him when I'll receive my playpen. He has sniffed me and sometimes eats food out of my hand if he feels like it, but he hasn't nibbled me yet or bitten. He seems friendly and he hasn't made any noise ever since I cleaned his cage completely. I'm still freezing the bedding, hoping there wont be any eggs or any other surprises in there.

So far he has been sleeping in his house, behind the house and in his nest, but it's the first time I saw what his tummy looks like and I thought it was supposed to be all fur.

He didn't want to come out today of his cage at all and I kind of don't want to wake him up, so I might clean his cage (not everything at once, I listen to your advice) on Monday when I have a day off from work and when he's awake. I already woke him up once trying him to come out of the cage with no luck. I was thinking of trying again on Monday when I have the whole day for him and we do things according to his schedule.

Thank you so much for your reply!
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote