View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 06:09 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: 2 RWW sister squabbling

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlh View Post
Thanks all for your advice. Will have to reconnect the tube maze, to give each one enough space to enjoy themselves. Already have 2 of everything.
Are you saying that you have 2 cages?

I take it that you are going to connect the tube maze to the smaller cage to give them a spacious habitat each?

Some reputable and responsible breeders only sell pure bred dwarf hamsters in pairs under the condition that the future owner has a second cage and set up ready in case they fall out or one bullies the other. I've read that only Campbells can sometimes live in pairs or groups but people who keep them need to be very experienced and vigilant to be able to read the warning signs leading up to a serious event.

I really hope that you have separated little Hetty from her sister by now so she can have the happy and stress free life she deserves.

If you don't want two cages then you could advertise one hamster for adoption or give her to a hamster rehome person for rehoming.
You wouldn't be the first person to do that and you wouldn't be the last either.
The hamsters i've taken in for rehoming have either been one half of a pair that had fallen out or they've been a discarded child's pet.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote