View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 04:00 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Rest in Peace little Bonnie :cry:

She must have really trusted you and been bonded with you. Our first hamster Charlie was like that with me but kept coming round every time I cuddled him and took a long time to go - had to be pts in the end. It's incredibly hard to lose such a much loved hamster, but at least her end was fairly quick and with love x

You could make a new den maybe, and save some money. Or use a cardboard one or shoebox house? I know what you mean about a new wheel or platform though. If you get a platform that's smooth wood, you could plastikote it and then re use it for another hamster. I find that works well as they can be easily washed or disinfected and left to air then - so I paint all sides, including the thin sides.

Getzoo do some very good platforms in two heights (21cm tall for deeper substrate and about 15cm tall for lower substrate). They're not cheap but they're easily plastikoted.

They do left and right handed ones as well, depending on where you want to put it in the tank. And smaller and larger ones.

Etagen | Einrichtung & Zubehor | Getzoo.de
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote