View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 05:36 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default I found those bugs in my hamsters cage. What are those?

Hello,
I'm a new hamster owner. I think it's a Russian dwarf hamster. I've had this hamster for two weeks not and I've been trying to figure out how to exactly take care of a hamster.
Today was the first day ever I deep cleaned his cage. I threw all of the old bedding away and everything. I usually kept the old bedding, because some Victoria from YouTube told that hamsters don't like it when you deep clean their cages etc, but today he woke me up by squeaking and he has never squeaked before. I checked on him and he was still sleeping and squeaking (I can post the video if anyone wants to tell me what it means), but I went to his food tray and I saw some bugs, so I quickly took a box, filled it with bedding and other stuff got the hamster out of the cage and cleaned everything with vinegar and water. While I was cleaning his house I saw one of the bugs on his house. Link below:
IMG-1795 — ImgBB

I already put the hamster back to it's cage and I've been trying to find more bugs, so I could take cleaner picture with higher quality, but I can't find any of the bugs.

The hamster has been scratching himself a lot and he already did that in the store, but I thought he was just grooming himself. Now I'm not sure…

Edit: Removed the photo.

Last edited by ShadowNinjaHamster; 09-06-2021 at 08:15 AM. Reason: The photo was too large.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote