View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 01:27 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Preparing for surgery

There are situations where it is almost impossible to predict the outcome following certain invasive procedures like surgery and this seems to be one of those situations.

I can only tell you what i would do going by what you've stated in your last post which is nothing more than my own opinion and views which may well differ from yours of that of other members.

Personally, i'd decide against surgery and put her on daily pain relief for the rest of her life to keep her as comfortable as possible for as long as possible and that's all i would do.
If at any point i would feel that the hamster is suffering or that life has become a burden to her then i'd help her along her way to end her life in peace by euthanizing her.

I can't see what difference antibiotics would make aside from putting strain on her gastric system but i'm no vet.
Do you know what kind of infection the antibiotics are meant to treat?
Are the steroids prescribed to boost her immune system?

Sometimes it is kinder to let nature take its course and to let them live out what's left in peace without too much upheaval.

Please keep us updated. We are here for you as many of us have been in similar situations and we all want what's best for our hamsters.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote