Thread: robo questions
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 01:49 PM  
Benefitsben
Hamster Pup

Default robo questions

hello,

I'm considering getting a robo hamster as my next hamster (whenever I get one), so I have some questions as I've never owned one before

for the cage - will a barred cage be OK? I have a Barney cage which is 700+ sq in (can't remember exactly, but I know it's over 700) which has 7mm bar spacing - will this be OK for a robo? cause they're so small I wouldn't want them to try and squeeze their way out and escape or get stuck. if the bars are too risky I do have a bin cage I could use but it's only 600 sq in and obviously bigger is better

and for taming - are they harder to tame than a Russian or a syrian? I've heard they can be skittish and more difficult, but I'm not sure how true this is. I know they're less likely to be cuddly which I have no issue with as neither of my previous hamsters wanted to sit with me and snuggle (they were fine running up and down my legs and climbing on me, they just didn't like being held all that much, my syrian in particular) but I wouldn't want them to be scared of movement or me cause I wouldn't want to stress them out

sorry if these are questions that have been answered a thousand times before, I just wanna be sure :)
Benefitsben is offline   Reply With Quote