View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 01:22 PM  
Hiitsbry
Newborn Pup

Default Blood in urine not clearing up?

Hi, I'm new here so apologies if I get anything wrong.

Meri is a 2 year old syrian and I took her to the vets last week due to blood in her urine. She's been acting fairly normal, except she hasn't ran on her wheel in the past week. They couldn't feel any tumours and prescribed 7 days worth of baytril to treat a UTI. She's on 0.24ml twice a day. It's the 6th day now and it hasn't cleared up at all, the blood is a really bright red. I'm starting to think it's more likely a tumor in the womb or something similar but I'm not massively knowlegable on these things so I could be wrong. I'm not sure what the next step is though. The vet said I can take her in for an xray if it doesn't clear, however I'd rather not spend a huge sum of money on those scans when the outcome is just going to be to put her to sleep if they find tumors. Would asking for another week of baytril be pointless if it hasn't started clearing up yet? I see most people on here have it prescribed for atleast two weeks. I also wouldn't want to put her to sleep when she still has quality of life but I can't tell if she's in pain, I'm really conflicted on what to do.
Hiitsbry is offline   Reply With Quote