View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 10:58 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Need advice on robos

He might have more than one nest at some point as well. Our Robo had a nest right in front of his wheel under the substrate (because he loved his wheel when he got that hang of it). But I then got him a labyrinth house and he moved into that.

My cage cleaning strategy ended up being different with a Robo due to the way he reacted. So I would only spit clean one half of the cage (left or right side- his house on the right and his other nest on the left).

If I did anything like disturb his house or spot clean he bolted and moved into his wheel nest. So I’d leave that half a week or two then spot clean that half and he’d move back to his house again . It worked well so one half of the cage was always bun disturbed and smelled familiar.

I wouldn’t worry about the fresh veg as long as it’s a tiny bit. Like half a thumbnail sized but. Because unlike our Syrians our Robo never pouched the veg or took it to the nest. He would sit snd eat what he wanted and leave the rest there. He ate such a tiny amount of it.

Not sure what the issue with flying saucers is as long as there’s a main wheel as well. But not essential to have one.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote