View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 02:38 PM  
taco bagel
Newborn Pup

Location: you will never know mwhahahaha (okay maybe scotland)
Default Re: Pipsqueaks new cage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Lucky Pipsqueak! The Hamster Heaven is a great cage. There are quite a few Hamster Heaven set ups pictured on the "Let's see your cages" thread on the Forum under Housing.
Is she a fully grown Syrian or still a baby?
Like you, i remove the tubes and shelves to free up space. I also remove the penthouse to free up the top door. Comes in handy when putting up hanging toys but i keep away from chains, open ladders or anything a hamster could get tangled up in.
I'd add a big house with a bendy bridge over the door. Hamsters like a big bottomless house to build a nest and keep a hoard in. A shoebox house with the lid as the roof and the bottom and a big enough door cut out works well.

Has she settled into her new home yet?
Hi, she's definitely fully grown, im not sure of her exact age because i always forget to ask but when i got her from jollyes she was already very large and was alone (got her 16th july)

i kept the penthouse as my male syrian bagel is in a hamster heaven that i've had lots of hamsters in and they've all liked the penthouse a lot so i kept it :)

she does enjoy burrowing but when it comes to sleeping her fav has always been the ferplast hide (isn't in the pic coz she was in it in her old cage when i took the pic)

about the hanging toy, i've had one in the past (it's wrecked now after a couple of hamsters tho lol) and i've never had a bad experience with it but i'll keep an eye on it and if there are any problems i'll remove it :)

edit: i forgot to put this but she's not quite settled yet, she been bar biting a bit but that's to be expected with the stress of a new cage

Last edited by taco bagel; 08-17-2021 at 02:52 PM.
taco bagel is offline   Reply With Quote