View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 03:17 PM  
harmless
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My first hamster

He's a Robo? His enclosure at the pet store was labeled Winter White (which I knew from reading he probably wouldn't be entirely). Whatever he is, he's cute, and he's staying. I'm saying "he" because it's short; I still don't know.

Anyway, thank you for the comments. Right now I'm only seeing him in the early morning. I slip into the room where his tank is and he'll be out in the food/toy area and he'll freeze and look at me. If I put my hand in the tank (with a sunflower seed in it; I pick them out of his food mix) he dashes off to his burrow, although once I dropped the seed near him and he cracked and ate it before he ran off. Well, it gives me something to look forward to--the day when he actually takes the sunflower seed from my hand.

I'll give him more hiding places soon, as suggested--thanks again.

One bright spot is that the Kaytee white bedding seems to be holding his tunnels okay. The openings have been in the same place for about 2 days, 2 of them, rather large. Also, at the beginning, he would only take a couple of kinds of seeds from the mix I set out, but last night he cleaned out the whole thing. A lot of it's probably stashed somewhere, right? But I consider it as a sign he thinks of this as home now. He's stocking the pantry.
harmless is offline   Reply With Quote