View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 01:09 PM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Which of these beddings is the best? (UK)

Hi, I have tried all of them apart from small pet select

Megazorb will work out the cheapest, and like you said it can be a bit dusty and some people don't like the smell, the only way you will tell if you don't is by trying it. Millbry hill might be a bit cheaper (it used to be) or if you have an equestrian shop near by it will only be about £8/£9

A bag of Aubiose, storage wise takes up about the same amount of room as the megazorb bag does. It's just a bit more rectangular and it seems more densely packed. I like it, seems great for odour control, but i use softer paper bedding on top, especially where they sleep. I am allergic to it but hamsters seem fine.

Not a fan of carefresh, think it is expensive, dusty and hard, the white made my hamsters eyes close up due to dust as soon as I swopped the bedding she was fine again. When i tried the coloured ones my robo got some hair loss(I do not know if this was related or a coincidence).

Kaytee clean n cozy is very soft, but it doesn't seem to go far, but works out cheaper than carefresh and comes in smaller bags so maybe easier to store. I have had dusty bags and bags that were not as dusty, seems a bit hit and miss.

Fitch is softer than carefresh, but slightly harder than kaytee. It Doesn't seem as dusty as Kaytee or carefresh and holds burrows well and it does work out cheaper than both kaytee/carefresh. I get the one in a box for approx £28.50, last time i did all the maths it worked out the cheapest per k/g, but again it is quite big and you will need storage space, it is more of a square shape so not as long and thin as the aubiose/megazorb bag.

Hope this helps, you have made me think, I need to do a video on all the different types of bedding