View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 03:57 AM  
ChunkyPineapple
Newborn Pup

Default Which of these beddings is the best? (UK)

Extra info: I live in the UK and have a dwarf (hybrid) hamter currently living in a Barney cage.

I'm looking for some bedding to use as I'm currently using the p@h wood shavings. They're a bit dusty and I know softwood isn't good to use. As I'm in the UK I think they should all be kiln dried but I've heard that doesn't necessarily help but I'm not sure.

Current thoughts:

Megazorb: about £16 including delivery (from amazon) for 11kg. I've heard it can be quite dusty/smelly

Fitch: £14 for a 4kg bag, £23 for a 10kg bag. I'm not sure I have the storage for a larger bag

Carefresh: I've got a small 10l bag at the moment - not a fan, it's quite hard and doesn't expand as much as expected but open to try it if any other types are better.

Kaytee: It's all out of stock at the moment. When I tried it before it was quite dusty but that may have just been the batch. Does anyone know places where it's in stock or know why there's a shortage?

Aubiose: I'm not sure I have the storage for a 20kg bag.

Small pet select: about £20 for a 56l bag (16l when compressed), white currently out of stock. I've heard it's really good.

Has anyone tried any of these beddings and have a favourite? I'd really like to move away from the p@h shavings but it's all I have for now and would like to avoid wasting money on things that could potentially harm my hamster
ChunkyPineapple is offline   Reply With Quote