View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 06:10 PM  
LlamacornBob
Newborn Pup

Default Should I feed my Dwarf a teaspoon every 2 days?

My hamster food mix is 17 percent protein, 8 percent fat, and 10 percent fiber.
I am thinking of feeding my hamster a teaspoon every 2 days since his food mix is fatty and he gets herbs and sprays from his cage and also a few treats from me daily. Is this good for him? he is 3 months old and I give him a lab block of 24 percent protein 4.5 percent fat and 5 percent fiber (designed for hamsters, not Mazuri) every other day as well. Is this a good routine or should I change it? (don't worry about the lab block changing values I "calculated" it ) I just assumed that if they get the protein they need regularly instead of the occasional possibility of getting one from a teaspoon scoop, He'll at least get the balanced amount of nutrients he needs to survive more regularly. Also, his one block every other day is very light and medium-sized and I usually cut it in half, but when watered down/compressed. (his lab blocks are Smart Heart complete hamster diet ) it's no more than half a teaspoon so I doubt it overpowers his food mix that's chock full of seeds and grains rather than pellets. I know it might seem like I'm so sure of this routine Idea but I don't think I have the knowledge to trust myself completely regarding his diet. my hamster eats his food really quickly btw, I hope I've given enough information for people to help me find a good diet for my 3-month-old hamster, he is turning 4 months soon

Last edited by LlamacornBob; 08-08-2021 at 06:52 PM.
LlamacornBob is offline   Reply With Quote