View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:45 AM  
LouiseL
Newborn Pup

Default Cleaned hamster cage now he won't come out

Hi, I've had my hamster about a month now and he started to come out more and get used to me. He takes food from my hand and I've been handling him with a glove because I'm worried about him biting but im working on holding him without gloves. I recently cleaned his cage about a week and a bit ago and then the last few days have added a new wheel and a few other new bits. I'm trying to make his cage look better and I have a lot of time at the moment so enjoying doing little diys for him.

However hes stopped coming out, a few weeks ago he was coming out in the evening snd mornings and I could get him out and now I hardly see him and he's basically gone back to how he was in the beginning. I know cleaning the cage can stress them out but its been over a week now so I'm worried I've stressed him out too much its just sad because he was getting more used to me and everything was going well.. should I leave him completely alone snd stop trying to get him to come up out of his bedding and just wait till he does on his own? I try skd talk to him everyday and get him to come out but doesn't seem to be doing anything 😂 i put peanut butter on a spoon and dangle it in the place he is and sometimes it gets him up but recently it hasn't been
LouiseL is offline   Reply With Quote