View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 09:39 PM  
GhostBella
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My russian hamster only eats seeds

The problem with them just eating the seeds and what ever they want to eat out of mussily type type food is there just selective feeding and are not getting the proper nutrition they need. The equivalent is us having a roast dinner and leaving all the veg! If all hamsters need to eat to live on was the seeds in a mix then they wouldn't bother putting any other ingredients with it! Hamsters in the wild have a very varied diet from meat to seeds to fruit to leaves. They have to have a balanced food to keep them in tip top condition and health. I feed complete nuggets mixed with mussily topped with either a bit of fruit/veg/meat/egg and its weighed out everyday! My hamster is 5yrs 3mths old. Iv always fed this way and all my hammys have lived till atleast 6yrs old and died of nothing but old age! My dogs haved lived to atleast 16yrs old and my horse lived till 33yrs - what u feed is key! What u feed an animal and the environment they live in is the most important thing for long healthy life!
GhostBella is offline   Reply With Quote