Thread: Quaker Oats
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 08:21 PM  
Quin
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Quaker Oats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
If you're in the US the proper diet is Higgins Vita Garden with Pure Bites added for extra protein - not Sunburst, and no lab blocks added(not high quality etc, just best avoided).

Oxbow pellets aren't a species appropriate diet anyways as they're an all in one type pelleted food which is incredibly unnatural for hamsters who really do best with a mixed food. Oxbow also from a nutritional perspective in terms of ingredients isn't exactly biologically appropriate for hamsters either. Vitakraft foods tend to not be very high quality either - typically loaded with added sugar, dyes, dried fruits, etc.
I was thinking of mineral chews, but I currently feed him the mix above and Zilla Munchies Omnivore Mix. It contains: dried bok choy, dried carrots, freeze-dried meals worms (Or dehydrated), freeze-dried silkworms, freeze dried crickets, dried zucchini, dried bananas and dried zucchini. He also eats meat one or twice a week during her period of feeding. Of course, he’s not fed everyday and there’s some time between his meals. The herbs, I’m working on the research more (I’m in a low-income area) and everything is fairly far. I may grow some of the herbs myself and dry some, but I need to do more research. And do you mean pure bites as in frozen chicken, fish, etc given to cats and dogs?
His current protein meets 17%, fat is 4, and fiber is 10,
Quin is offline   Reply With Quote