View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 10:24 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Question Vinegar for cleaning

So, I always knew vinegar could be used for cleaning. But not any vinegar, usually your white vinegar + water.

However, I asked my gran to pick up a bottle of white vinegar for me whilst she was out at the shop since I wasn't going out today and she offered to pick me up a few bits and bobs.

But, of course my luck is always bad and the local store didn't have any white vinegar in whatsoever. Our stores near us (and I mean every single one) have actually been pretty sparse/empty because no one's wanting to go out here in my area of Essex. No one is wearing their face masks!! I'm half vaccinated but I know there's still a lot of people who aren't yet, and half vaccinated still isn't as good as being fully vaccinated. Rest of my household is fully vaccinated, besides my brother as well though, he's half vaccinated like me.

Anyway, she picked up distilled malt vinegar instead. It's not brown, it's completely clear like your usual white vinegar. It's the Sarson's Distilled malt vinegar.

Would this still work or no?

I'm completely out of cleaning stuff now. I can't seem to find white vinegar anywhere and I want to try and stay away from those pet made cleaning sprays.

What else could I use? I have no vinegar in the cupboard nor anything that isn't non-toxic or non-fragrant. The only non-toxic thing I have is lavender scented surface spray which is not okay obviously.