View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 11:02 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Sad about dog allergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Thank you Imogen. Lol its OH who is scared of rats, not stepson Can you really get a chipmunk? I did suggest sugargliders and stepson was quite keen at first but he googled "do sugar gliders make good pets" and unfortunately the first article he came across said no. So that was that.

Birds we ruled out. Not just for asthma (which may or may not be an issue) but I know a bit too much about bird fanciers lung so am paranoid about that. Although my nana had budgies for years without issue.
We've had budgies inside the house for over 14 years now, no issues whatsoever. My boyfriends grandma had a parrot for over 40 years and no issues either, the parrot was sent to the zoo after she passed as he turned out to be a rare and going-extinct parrot so he was put into a breeding program.

But, obviously if you're worried than that's okay!

Budgies are so lovely to tame, mine can talk and they like to sit on your head when you go for a walk down to the shop. All the by-passers love them!

What exactly are you allergic to with cats? Is it their fur? Have you ever thought about a Sphynx cat?

Sugar gliders are meh, can be hard. It takes a lot of skill, but they're so sweet!

Yes, as well to chipmunks. You can own them. I've never owned them, but I know a friend of mine that has.

Rabbits can be taught to an extent, have you ever thought about rabbit competing with them jumping over jumps?

Maybe a hedgehog? Though, not really trainable.

There aren't really any other 'pocket pets' (which is what us vet students refer to for small pets) besides gerbils, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, chinchillas etc.