View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 03:35 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Sad about dog allergy

Quote:
I'd love one but my OH isn't keen on them (i could convince, bribe or blackmail him) but the house isn't big enough.
Lol! Yes I know - I convinced OH about the Puppy (as a pedigree it was expensive - in the hope I wasn't allergic to that "hypoallergenic" breed - or we'd have got a rescue dog. OH wasn't keen on the cost!). I had never had a problem with poodles before - a friend had one - but it was some time ago and I guess things can change (my age?)

I have heard lizards can grow quite big. I am really not sure he'd be that interested though and then I'd be stuck with a giant lizard for 10 years!

I think it's the progression from cuddly toys and teddy bears - outgrown - not cool for a 13 year old new teenager. So a real cuddly pet is a real pal. I think ultimately it's about wanting a pal who'll react with him and a dog would have been perfect. It's why I keep thinking a rat would be ideal.

When we first got Charlie (who was a big hamster) OH was very unsure and said he looked a bit like a rat (he was the size of a small rat!) and wasn't keen at first - but of course got to love him when he used to sit next to him on the sofa.

But he has a total aversion to rats. And yes rats give rats a bad name!

I've seen a few bearded dragons for rehoming but wonder if they can have behavioural issues if no longer wanted and rehomed (maybe they have been rehomed a few times).
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote