View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 08:45 AM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: A Hamster Called George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
My dear friend and fellow Tunnel Rat George,

enormous apologies for my late reply but this House of Hamsters i live in should be more aptly named the Madhouse of Hamsters.

Various dubious characters of all shapes and sizes seem to be coming and going all the time. Big Nose says that they are refugees from a place called Gumtree and many have been made homeless by their humans, especially the Roborovskis. She says that some are half my size but then again, she said, that's easy because i make anybody look thin.

I had to think about this comment. Did Big Nose call me fat?
She did. I looked over my fence and saw her texting a friend saying that i am the biggest and fattest Robo she's ever seen and that she should have called me Obelix and not Monty after a skinny gardener. I am not fat!

Blueberries aren't my favourite, they are quite wet. How long does it take you to wash your face after eating one? I like the crunch of romaine lettuce best.

Funny how you were wondering if Big Paw has hamster genes. I don't think that he has but humans have this habit of copying us hamsters.
Big Nose's sidekick, old ratface Rodders escaped the other night. Pushed the top door open but then couldn't get back home when he wanted his nest and a bite to eat.
A few days later, Whiskers the other human escaped but came back when his hoard run low.

Big Nose got this idea into her head that Roborovskis need to be tamed. She read it somewhere. Must have been a misprint. She tricked me into a trap with a mealworm as a bait and then i was up in the air in this ball thing. For a moment i feared that i was in an UFO being abducted by aliens. I ended up downstairs in a playpen but had to endure Big Nose's hands first when she took some very unflattering photos of me. I hope that they don't circulate on the hamnet.

So i spent time sitting on a wheel in the playpen feeling grumpy because i wanted to sit on my wheel at home.

I wished that Maureen with the cardboard addiction would have stayed because she kept Big Nose so busy that she had no time for silly ideas.

If you have any ideas on how to rid humans of this taming obsession, please do let me know.

Your fellow Tunnel Rat

Monty
Dear Monty,

These Humans have the most stupid ideas at times, that is most of the time I fear.
MY Human also call me names too his current favourite is Fluffbutt, I ask you is that how you address a superior being?
I had to suffer the indignancy of a cage clean and re style he said, he threw out my tubes as apparently I wasn't supposed to chew holes in them, he gave me a bard board box instead as a home, that is now sitting proud on top of my diggings.
I am doing my best to destroy my new wheel by my hard running at night, that will teach him, though he has added a new thingy which gives me extra running space along the back of the cage it is like an elevated walkway.
Human fool is also trying the taming process, I allow him some leeway in picking me up, he takes me to this thing he calls a sofa and I am allowed to run about on it, but when I try to climb up and get on the back he takes me down, I can smell things that are of interest and want to explore but it seems I am not allowed as my predecessor was what he calls a pain who liked to chew the carpet in the room corners, I am not sure how I can overcome this, do you have any suggestions.?
I suggest you give your humans a tough a time as is Robovoski possible.

Looking forward to your reply
George tunnel rat and master digger.
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote