View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 02:21 PM  
Pixie The Hammy
Newborn Pup

Default Taming is a nightmare!

Hello, I’ve talked about struggle with taming before but as a first time hamster owner I have so much to learn and mistakes to learn from. I’ve had my Pixie for over a month now (maybe 2 months) and I’m still at the beginning of the taming process.

She only lets me feed her from my hand in the morning when she is about to go to sleep, I find this quite strange? The furthest I got with her was in the morning, I was hand feeding her, lifting her in a jug etc. But, we’ve just gone back to square 1. I know hamsters forget easily, that’s my mistake. After that day I did the same at night but she was just not having any of it, so I left her for a couple days and I think that’s where I’ve gone wrong.

I’ve tried feeding her from my finger tonight, she just kept running and running on her wheel and she wouldn’t even acknowledge the treat. At one point she even let out a little squeak and I just feel I’m doing everything wrong, but I’ve tried giving time and it’s just not working.

If anyone has anything to help/improve myself with taming, i would be so thankful and would end my worries, much appreciated!! <3
Pixie The Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote