View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 06:07 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Worried about Oreos food...

Thank you both Luna and Petite.

Luna
Okay, will switch to just fully feeding him in a food bowl and see if he's eating okay. With the harry hamster, knew it wasn't a good based mix as it lacks some of the content from one category so I added some extra bits in to make it a bit different such as mealworms, rose petal and timothy hay. As stated though I have been breaking up the larger chunks but it seems as though nothing has been touched (?). I noticed a few seeds gone earlier from the small top up I did but that was it.

Petite
Yes, Oreo is roughly 7 weeks old now. He is normal in himself, but I haven't see him use the wheel - he's awfully shy and very skittish still. I've seen him on it but never have caught him spinning around.

He doesn't look any different to when I got him and I haven't been in his hide as he is never out when I want to see him. It was 3 days I hadn't seen him until yesterday, I'd see a glimpse of him darting to his hide whenever he would see someone walking in. Family managed to catch him flicking about in the sand bath though yesterday for about 15 seconds and as soon as they walked back from the other end of my room he was already gone and hidden! So he seems to be moving quite fast and okay.

Will be removing the alligator today for a few days to see if that helps and yes, Oreo is being introduced to some fruits/vege slowly at a time to help reduce the amount of upset stomach. He seems to be taken it but as far as I know if he's eating it? No idea, as stated I don't want to dive into his hide when he's in it which seems to be the case of always at the moment...