View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 07:37 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Angry Very disappointed with the 21cm TRIXIE wheel.

Hi,

as some are aware, not too long ago I purchased the wooden TRIXIE wheel in 28cm for my Syrian hamster, Remy. Well, 3 days ago I decided to opt in and purchase the 21cm wheel before they were out of stock for my new addition, Oreo, a Russian hamster.

I kid you not, I'm so utterly disappointed it's unreal.

The cork is cut badly to size and the wheel literally scrapes the back of the frame and in returns slows it down and makes it non-silent.

Ok yeah, I fixed the back by shoving some sandpaper in the crack and turning the drum until it was sanded back enough (which gladly has done the trick) but as for this cork? The heck do I do?!

Before anyone implies, no, I'm not returning the product. Mostly because of to much hassle and also, my hamster is in desperate need of a wheel that works for him, he's 7 weeks old and his feet are slipping on the plastic one and it's so bad so he's refusing to even use it. As of asking back at the pet shop, no, he has never been introduced to a flying saucer and only an upright wheel (but do plan to purchase a flying saucer in the future anyway to add in with the upright wheel).

I am not pulling out the cork and renewing it, I'm on a budget and to purchase using more money on top of a wheel that I was essentially forced to pay for another item just to be above £10 is ridiculous. I wasn't going to order from Amazon - have you seen those prices compared to Zooplus?!

I saw the reviews after my first purchase, and assumed I was either lucky or they were just unlucky. Turns out though you should never underestimate the reviews and expect you'd never get a bad one... and sad to say I have fallen 'victim' to a bad wheel.

Honestly, didn't really know where to state this but really had to express my frustration.

Hope it's ok for him to use still though.

Terriblewheel — ImgBB