View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 08:18 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Flummoxed by the pantry moth

Oh, totally aware we're not talking about your usual moth - but insects creep me out massively. Some of them don't like non-flying preying mantis or ladybugs but anything else is a big no from me!

I've found an earwig once inside of Remys cage - like the first 3 weeks in. Was totally shocked! I was so creeped out.

I've heard of the "pantry" moth, but I've never actually had an incident with one in my house nor think I've ever seen one. Besides your usual moth I've only seen a moth species that were bigger than my palm - I saw them outside down the side 'ally' of my house that leads into my garden in a group of like 3 or 4 and I kid you not I was completely mortified but amazed to see such large moths. That was just once but never saw them again phaha.

But now I can totally see why people recommend to put your hamster food into a mason jar or something - which I've done not because of this problem but just because it looked nicer and more organized. Guess there was an extra pro to that!

Last edited by Imogen; 07-14-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote