View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 04:12 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Exclamation Re: Hamster wheels in UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel04 View Post
Hi Imogen,

I've just read through the HC thread you linked in regards to FS vs Standard wheels.

Seems to be mixed opinion and only reason I can see given is some people seeing their hamsters run at a 'funny' angle.

Spidey is a small female hamster and with the large flying saucer she is just fine and getting her exercise.

I usually take an evidence based approach when it comes to making changes in my hamster care. For now I'm satisfied that her saucer is providing the amount of exercise she needs and have not seen her running at a 'funny' angle as of yet.

If in older age she ever experiences difficulty or evidence emerges that the FC is not a good choice then I will of course make the change back to a regular standing wheel which I have also used for most of my hamsters and also think are a great choice - as long as their big enough!

Thank you for sharing your opinion and that of other users though.
I'll have to disagree and state that I don't think that's a good idea, but I guess we'll have to see what others think on this. Hamster Hideout which has a larger member base mostly state hamster flying saucers are an addition.