View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 03:56 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster wheels in UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel04 View Post
Is this new information the RSPCA have introduced? My hamster runs on her saucer just as fast and consistently as she did on her wodent wheel. She's long haired so I'm also happiest with no spindle - like the saucer.
Just because it doesn't state what kind of wheel doesn't mean it is suitable as a main-wheel, and honestly, with even a thing as big as the RSPCA, you still can't trust you're being told the correct or all the information. The RSPCA recently removed the requirements for how large an enclosure should be for a hamster which is actually on-going a petition on change.org to fetch back.

It is recommended by many on this forum and on facebook that hamsters should have an upright wheel as their main wheel and a flying saucer as an additional enrichment thing for them to go on.

Wheels - Traditional or Flying Saucer

Wheels or Flying Saucers? - Hamster Debate - Hamster Hideout Forum

You'll find a majority will state the flying saucer is an add on and not a replacement for your usual upright wheel - hope this helps!

Last edited by Imogen; 07-13-2021 at 04:03 AM.
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote