View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 07:16 PM  
8RavenPhoenix8
Newborn Pup

Default New Robo Hamster Sleep Behavior

Recently, in introductions, I posted about the new roborovski hamster that was found running around outside by my mom’s coworker and given to my sister. He eats his food, runs on his wheel, and is docile and curious. He’s on the thin side which makes sense considering he was found outside and he likely wouldn’t have been able to find much food. We’ve ordered him better food than what the coworker supplied us and are going to get him a tank in place of his small two story cage.

What I’m here to ask about though, is his sleeping behavior. He made a little dent in his bedding by his wheel that he sleeps in, and can be found taking many naps throughout the day. Our previous hamsters, which were not roborovskis, were always much deeper in their bedding when they slept snd often we couldn’t even see them. I’ve read that robos need a good amount of digging medium since they do enjoy it, so I’m not sure why we can see his entire back when he sleeps and why he doesn’t bury himself more.

Right before I decided to post this, I found him sleeping completely exposed and on his side under his wheel. Is this normal? Should we be concerned? Thank you.

Last edited by 8RavenPhoenix8; 07-10-2021 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added image
8RavenPhoenix8 is offline   Reply With Quote