View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 05:16 PM  
8RavenPhoenix8
Newborn Pup

Question Received New Mysterious Hamster, So Hi!

Yesterday my sister was given a hamster that my mom’s coworker found roaming around! We don’t know where it came from, what age it is, what kind of hamster it is beyond dwarf, or what sex it is. (We think it’s male, but I wanted verification.) It also is colored in a way I’ve never seen a hamster be colored before, but I was hoping one of you might have answers so I decided to join this forum.

The coworker bought a cage for it as well as food, but she didn’t think she’d be able to care for it well so it is under my sister’s care now. I’ve taken some pictures, so I hope you can enlighten us as to what hamster this is and possibly where it might’ve come from. It doesn’t seem to us like the kind of hamster that would appear in your local pet store, so we thought maybe it could’ve been from a breeder, but we could be wrong.

My sister and I have owned five hamsters between us not counting the new addition, but I would also love any helpful tips and suggestions that could improve the quality of this little hamster’s life as our hamster care knowledge is fairly basic. Thank you! (Pictures attached) (P.S. My sister’s thinking of naming it Hedge, short for hedgehog due to it’s fur colors)
8RavenPhoenix8 is offline   Reply With Quote