View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 04:05 PM  
OliverS
Newborn Pup

Default Moving into a new cage advice needed

Hi all,

Over the last week or two, I’ve noticed a few moths in my room and I’ve just found there’s quite a few that seem to have made the bottom of my hamster’s cage their home. I’m going to get a new cage and throw everything out and put it in a different room to prevent them getting to her again.

I was going to get an IKEA Detolf but I’m self isolating with COVID at the minute so I can’t get it until next Saturday at the earliest. I want to move her ASAP so I’m just wondering if any other cages I can get online and delivered quickly would be suitable. She’s a Russian dwarf about 18 months old and has been in a PicoXL with a ramp to a big play pen.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve seen things like the Savic Hamster Heaven, Alaska cage and other things but I wanted to ask the experts on here before I did anything.

Also, when I do move her, is there anything I can do to help her with any stress? I know it can be stressful for them after full cleans and moving cages and she’s never been a fan of a completely clean cage. Because of the moths, I won’t be able to move any bedding or any of the other stuff in there