View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 01:50 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Question Kaytee: clean and cozy - burrowing and wooden item "cleaning".

So, I've switched out my little guys P@H's substrate for kaytee: clean and cozy. However, does this hold burrowing or do I need to mix it with another substrate?

If so, are there any possible cheap substrates to mix with kaytee (as it's expensive) to keep it sturdy?

Also, is harry hamster a good mix for hams? (the tasty mix one)...

I managed to grab a deal off FB market that gives 4 new full bags of harry hamster tasty mix, 24 litre kaytee white non-fragrant bedding, another mix of food in a storage container (will have to ask what mix this is when she drops it off tomorrow, but might be harry hamster as well), another hamster carrier, cleaning spray and wooden house all for £10 (offered an extra £5 for petrol so total £15)

On the topic of this; how would you go about "sanitizing" a wooden house? If I remember correctly people mentioned about baking it in the oven by keeping a close eye on it. How would I go about this? What temperature? (I go by gas mark as we have a gas cooker but can look up electric temps on this chart we have in the kitchen)

Also, any thoughts on the cleaning spray? It's the NATURAL cage and hutch cleaner. Is it safe?

Thanks in regards x

EDIT: This reminds me of a question I keep meaning to ask!!

What fragrance sprays are ok for spraying in my bedroom to keep it smelling nice? I usually use fabreeze or some body spray if I don't have fabreeze that I have laying around, but make sure I don't spray it actually over the enclosure of my ham.

But is there any that I don't need to worry about doing this? x

Last edited by Imogen; 06-27-2021 at 01:57 PM.
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote