Thread: Toilet Mayhem
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 03:05 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Exclamation Toilet Mayhem

So, my little guy transferred over to a Detolf on thursday and he is absolutely loving it! He's now so much more active besides going on his wheel now and it's fun to see him explore. So much so he's now restarted to slightly burrow!

However, a little bit of an issue here!

I know hammies once toilet trained causes a few issues as they've been moved and have to relearn a new spot to pee in as their environment has changed. I placed the toilet in the same corner as it would've been in the bin but since Thursday I've only seen one little pee in there!

I woke up this morning to hope to see some pee but for the most part dry (I left the pee in for one more night to make sure he got the scent of the pee and should be going there). So, nothing!

I've looked everywhere; no pee on the wheel, no pee in his sandbath, every other corner is dry. No pee to be found anywhere whatsoever! I laid my hand flat over all the substrate; still nothing.

The only place he can be peeing is his hidey house?? I'll have to check that later.

I would hate to find him laying in his own pee, and his food being covered in it!

If he's peeing in his hidey house; how do I fix this? Get him to pee back in a corner? Would you say to remove the toilet and let him pee in that designated corner (as nothing will be there) and try and retrain him back into it?

EDIT: haha, just noticed my old toilet forum popped back up. Now it looks like I'm going on about nothing but hamsters going to the toilet..

Last edited by Imogen; 06-27-2021 at 03:13 AM.
Imogen is offline   Reply With Quote