View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 02:58 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Toilet training troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamuhamster View Post
That's what Shamu's doing! I've never seen it before so it's interesting to know she's not the only one. It's a proper handstand with tail pointing to the ceiling. I put a toilet in her pee corner,so she's tipped it over and selected a new corner. It was a covered toilet though, I'm going to try a different style.

My enclosure is much smaller than a detolf, but a quarter is sand and I'm using a small sieve from Sainsbury's to run through it for bedding and poop. It doesn't take long, and returns the sand to something she enjoys digging in. I imagine a larger sieve would work well in a detolf for stray bits of bedding.
I do have quite a large sieve that I use. Remy was transferred to a Detolf on thursday and I've decided to put it in a bowl for now as I actually decided to make a raised lid to add *very* deep bedding throughout.

As with the handstand, haha, so cute!! My previous hamster never done it so it was pretty funny to watch the first time I saw him do it!