Thread: A New Hamster
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 01:06 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: A New Hamster

I have recently rehomed a number of Robos and two turned out to be very sociable with their new owners, enjoying being held and stroked. It does depend on their personality.

I find that generally Robos are not as suspectible to illnesses as dwarf hybrids but maybe i've come to that conclusion because i've lost two of my dwarfs at a relatively young age and have recently taken three dwarfs to the vets but never had a Robo at the vets. I've only kept hamsters for 2.5 years.

My Robo Monty is a big fat lazy Robo and lives in a Hamster Heaven which suits him well. The HH isn't much bigger than the Grosvenor and the bar spacing is fine in either cage in my opinion. The Savic Mickey 2XL has a smaller bar spacing.

I think a tank style habitat is a good option for a Robo, like the Marrakesh or an aquarium with a DIY meshed lid. 80cmx50cm is big enough in my opinion and my current foster Robo would suit the Kerry terrarium which is slightly smaller.

I don't think gender makes any difference in Robos and yes you can handle them for health checks or a stroke.They can be hard to catch but can get scooped up and will walk into something and once you have a hold of them they don't squirm like dwarfs and they don't bite. They can jump so always hold them above their habitats.

Mine eat the Bunny Dreams Expert from Zooplus. They are not prone to diabetes like hybrids.

Here's a photo of my foster Kev posing for an adoption advert photo.

I wouldn't want to be without a Robo. Hard to explain, there is something about them that's super cute and endearing.

You'll find out. Life isn't the same without a hamster, is it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210625_005640-1.jpg (3.05 MB, 20 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote