Thread: A New Hamster
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 01:01 PM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: A New Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite View Post
Second attempt to send this message - our internet went down and I lost it, so I will try to remember what I said.

Thanks for your reply, Luna. I see your point about the cage size (although it's only a little under the recommended size, I think?) Thanks for sending your Hamster Cages thread too. I couldn't get all the links to work, but with the names entered into my browser it was easy to look them up.

Hope things are going well with your robo. Are you using the Zoozone cage?

I'm wondering if I might perhaps be better going for a Russian dwarf again. They are so deliciously soft to stroke, and I like to have a tactile relationship with a hamster!

I think I remember reading on this forum about a company who custom-make terrariums, but cannot recall what they were called. Does anyone have a better memory than me?
I love my little Robo, he cracks me up with his antics, it is different having a 'just watch' hamster though. I still have a syrian though who is very tame.

I used the zoozone for my robo a few weeks ago as a hospital cage whilst I deep cleaned his marrakesh cage. I was really impressed with it. If you can get it for around the £40 I paid, that's about the cheapest cage you will find at the moment. and then you can go higher with the bedding than in a barred cage, unless you do what I suggested previously.

I think Jungle pets is the one that make their own, they may go under a different name on ebay, if that's not them on ebay as well, then they are a very similar set up.

If you can manage a bit of DIY and have access to IKEA I highly recommend Linsey's Ikea hack of the Komplement cage - listed on the cage thread. Would work out way cheaper than a custom made terrarium. I'm considering making myself one at some point if/when I ever manage to move house.

I do know of a couple of people who have very tame robos, but I think that is more the exception than the rule.