Thread: A New Hamster
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 06:13 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: A New Hamster

Hi, sorry about Freya, but so nice to hear that you feel you have room for another hamster in your life.

Personally I think that cage is too small, I would look at min 80cm x 50cm for a dwarf but 100x 50 would be better in most cases. I think the bar spacing is 1cm on that cage, which I would not use for a robo, they like to try and squeeze through the smallest of gaps. If you were going for a barred cage I would look at one with 6-7mm spaces. If you want to add more substrate you can always tie grass mats or cardboard to the sides in one area. Robos definitely like to burrow.

Have you thought of something like the zoozone large cage, I got mine for about £40+ it is 100x50cm, you will need to mesh the top though.

I created this thread that may help you:
UK Hamster Cages 2021

I'm pretty new to keeping robos, just got my 1st one last Nov. I often see him during the day pottering about for a drink and some food and a quick spin on his wheel. He doesn't like being held but I can catch him in a jug and hold him for health checks, but he is not a fan.

I know with Syrians it is thought that girls are crazy and males more placid, but not heard the same being said about robos.

I agree, harry hamster wouldn't be suitable for robos, you are best looking online for a suitable mix, something like bunny dreams, mixerama, rodipet.
This is a thread you might be interested in about robo food:
Food for Robos

Hope that helps.