View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 12:33 PM  
Chicleteer
Hamster Pup

Default A Daisy for my birthday

Yesterday was one of those BIG birthdays, and I gave myself the best present ever! I brought home a young female Syrian, and her name is Daisy. She is named after my late mother's favorite flower.

This is my second hamster now. My first, Chiclet, passed away in January of 2020, not quite two years old. (My parents also figured in her naming; their favorite chewing gum was Chiclets.) I'll always have special memories of my time with her.

Right now I'd say she's a shy little girl, and I haven't seen her much. When I come into the room she pokes herself out of sight (so she thinks) behind her in-cage wooden home (the one with chambers and a lift-off lid, similar to the Rodipet). I'm leaving her alone for now, just talking softly when I'm in the room and making sure to add tissues with my scent on them to the cage. I know this will take time.

It broke my heart when I was bringing her into the house in her travel cage; she started screeching, and I'm sure she was scared at all the new things happening. But I'm doing my best to provide a quiet, peaceful environment for her, and hoping she will settle in well.

She's sand-colored with some white markings, and is impossibly cute! (Any surprise there?) I hope eventually to be able to get a good picture of her.

Rejoice with me and my new little girl!
Chicleteer is offline   Reply With Quote