View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 11:41 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Question I need to move my hams enclosure location... But I need help!

Hi loves!

I've had my hammy in the room furthest away from my window on the floor for quite some time now and yesterday I finally got my hands on a free IKEA tv unit that looks and fits in with my furniture perfectly!

However, there's been a conundrum, and the tv unit is TOO long for the wall I wanted to put my lovely hammy on! Since this is a nice unit and I saved it from the tip; I do not want to get rid of it! As well as it was a money saving find!

I have a square unit in my room which is the 4 by 4 from the range and I spent 10 minutes measuring out all my furniture to find a way to fit it in, but there is just no being able to do so!

The only option I have is to change the direction of my small double bed and place the hamster enclosure to the left of me in my room. (I have drawn out my plan.)

I know hamsters should not be directly under a window, but it's won't be under a window; it's going to be slightly near but it won't be that near as there's a massive gap in between the location and the window.

It will be the IKEA detolf going on this table (which will have some wood in the middle to prevent warping as this unit is slightly longer than the detolf)

Please excuse the mess in my room, since I was focusing on building the tv unit yesterday my room became quite a bit messy!

My room now:
Room — ImgBB

Table issue (sticks out in front of my door):
Table — ImgBB

My plan (I hope you can understand what I'm trying to get at! So the left side of the enclosure will be facing the window but the long way will be facing towards my bed):
Plan — ImgBB