Thread: Mania
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 08:50 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Mania

The longer I've had Mania, the more she's bar biting and monkey barring. She's doing it all night. She's in the plaza still (100x50) has 14-15" of bedding. Lots of enrichment. Free roams for 30 mins ish, she then wants to go back to the cage. I've tried adding less items for if she feels trapped. Added more in case it's not enough. Wedged cardboard between the bars where she's biting. She just moved over a bit and chews the bars or chews all the cardboard then the bars.

I've tried ignoring her, I've tried engaging with her. I've tried moving a few items about to see if she takes interest.

She's managed to take the paint off the bars but oddly she's aiming for places where the bars overlap?

I don't want to be putting anything on the bars (like a nasty tasting spray) to deter her.

I've got a zoozone 2 to put her in but I won't be able to get a nice depth of bedding and every Syrian I've had has tried chewing through the base.

Any ideas? It's constant chewing and pulling the bars with the teeth. Don't want her to get injured.