Thread: Clarissa
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 05:14 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Clarissa

Clarissa has a soft lump under her chin which doesn't seem to bother her but that's not the point. Lumps need to be investigated so i took her to the vet.
Surprisingly, she wasn't half as hostile towards the vet than normally sweet natured Betsy was.

The vet took a sample of the fluid from inside the lump which had some blood in it, something she didn't expect to be analyzed in the onsite lab. I'll get the result on Monday.
It could be anything from a cyst to an abcess, a tumor to a problem with the lymphatic system or a haematoma.
Hopefully it is something treatable and should it require surgery, i would definitely go for it because Clarissa is only 8 months old and otherwise fit.

Clarissa climbed onto her open cage door this morning then stopped, turned around and went back into her cage!
Normally she'd climb onto my hand keen to come out.

I thought someone that small would have a very short memory span but maybe i'm mistaken. She is an intelligent hamster and i wished i could explain to her that going to the vet and being attacked by a needle could possibly have saved her life.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote