View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:09 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New Cage, Hamster being odd??(Savic Hamster Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshat1982 View Post
Hey thanks for the reply.

From his old cage we moved the wheel (as the Savic one was poor quality). And he also has a coconut he sleeps in which we put in there too but he hasn't used it he found a new hidey sleeping area instead.

In his last cage he spent most of the night just gnawing on the bars so I guess him running is a lot better than that.

He did venture out into the tubing earlier which runs outside the home then back in and then into a kind of penthouse sleeping area located on top of the cage (google the cage to see what I mean). So im probably just being a bit too impatient.

Hes also young and we've only had him a month (I think hes around 3.5 months old now) so its probably just more adjustment needed

Thanks for the advice!
Ah yeah! Sounds a lot better than before!

He's probably overwhelmed with his new area... - if he was bar chewing (abnormal behaviour) and is now running around instead. It sounds as though he's letting off his steam and finally getting the energy out of his body that's been building up from when he was more focused on bar chewing.

I'm sure he'll be fine! He's one lucky lil ham!