View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:40 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Advice needed please...

Hi, I just wanted a little advice again regarding my 16 month old male dwarf hamster, Loki.
I have just found some very dark orange/red urine on his shelf. I took him to the vets a couple of months a go when I found lighter orange urine and he was given a a course of Baytril. This seemed to help at the time but since then, on and off I have been finding some bedding that is orange at times. Mostly it is yellow where he goes to the toilet but I have been putting the orange colour down to his food as it does contain small amounts of beetroot and to me he appears very well in himself. This dark orange/red colour does concern me though and I was wondering whether I should take him straight back to the vets. Will they do further testing do you think, if so, do you know what this would entail? Cost isn't an issue, I just got the impression last time they didn't really know what was causing it and just put him on Baytril as a precaution.
I would say his urine is a little stronger smelling, should I be testing for diabetes in a hamster of this age? I remember someone saying about test strips from Amazon?
Thanks guys..
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote