Thread: Mania
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 05:05 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
What lovely photos, especially the second one is super cute.

Maybe she has been tamed in her previous home. I always thought that a tamed hamster stays tame, not that i've ever fully understood what exactly tame means. I suppose that there are different variations of tameness depending on the individual hamster's personality.
She's a little poser not going to lie. Yes it does appear that way. I've read a bit about hamster genetics and her colouring and the 2 different coloured eyes are not commonly found in pet shop hamsters so it could be that she originated from a breeder?

(I'm trying to figure out if she's cinnamon or cream as these cause different coloured eyes when a pattern is placed. Cream looks too light, cinnamon looks too dark. I'm still reading into it but when I have enough info I'll share it for those interested. May make a seperate thread just for genetics colours and patterns but we'll see.

Personally my definition of tame is able to handle for health check, no fear of owner and ability to move from A to B. Anything more is a bonus.

I agree that there are variations of tameness depending on individual hamster too.