View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 04:38 PM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Where is my hamsters wee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
Thanks Imogen. I managed to get him out of the cage for the first time tonight (hopefully he's not too angry with me for tricking him). After checking and cleaning everything else I replaced the sand in his bath with sand that's less dusty and - hey-presto - the wooden bottom of the bath has wet stains. Who knew that finding wee stains could be such a relief
Ah, that's amazing! Glad he's been weeing somewhere, you're very lucky yours goes in his sand.

My guy seems to be all over the place at the moment, or either, very strange. He keeps thinking his toilet is some extra storage place and he keeps putting his treats and a few nuts into the corner like another hidden stash. Utter pain because he pees right near it.

Though, I'm actually currently filling up his potty with wood chippings, probably not the best idea, may turn to sand on Tuesday when the new guy gets his new enclosure since it'll be like starting out new. Of course, still with the scent from half of his previous wood chippings.