View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 AM  
Imogen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Small circle like cuts on front paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
OOh that does look sore - like an infected injury. Strange it's on the top of both paws. Assume there is nothing in his cage that could be sharp - it can be worth checking wood items like bendy bridges and houses. Some houses even have nails in which get revealed if the wood is chewed.

The only other thing I can think, with it being on the top of his paws, is if he has been hanging from the roof mesh or trying to pull himself up, and cut the top of his paw with the pressure of the mesh.
I've just checked him over and they appear to be gone, but if they pop back up then I will be concerned.

As with wooden items, I do check them over every three days to make sure there's no splintering wood and bits that shouldn't be there (like nails as you stated).

I can't find anything! The mesh is out of reach from him, there's no way he could climb up the plastic!

There may be one concern, recently with purchasing wood chippings I have been finding large chunks of wood (like a pebble size) and I've tried my best to constantly sort through it to ensure I don't miss anything but you always end up finding a few other large pieces of wood.

On the infected side of things; it didn't look infected, just like your usual scabbed over cut. I made sure to check close for infection since I'm a graduated animal management student that had to cover illnesses/diseases and issues like infections etc. so it looked fine there.

Bizarre!