Thread: Mania
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 03:57 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Please do explain how you came to get bitten by a frog. I didn't even know they had teeth.

All the hamsters who want to come out simply climb onto the doors of their cages and then wait to get picked up. Two prefer to climb from door onto my hand.
I've never really put my hands in their cages much and let them come out on their own accord. So, yes i let my hamsters choose how they want to come out.
Frogs typically have a row of tiny teeth on the top jaw only (I later found this out as I too thought they didn't have teeth, just hard gums).

I was weeding down the side of the shed a few years back. It was an old shed, rotting really bad, had some impressive mushrooms in there, perfect frog world. (I rescued 20+ frogs that where in there when we took the shed down. The frogs went to the river near where I live. But that's another story.) Anyways I was weeding down the side of the shed, can't see where I put my hands as (it's a dead area, nothing we plant there grows so it's left to go a bit wild. Mice, hedgehogs, frogs all love it.) So I went to pull some stuff out to tidy it a bit and something grabbed my finger. It hurt. Looked where my hand was and there was a frog, chilling. Probably scared the poor thing to death. Fair to say I now check before sticking my hand into a bunch of vegetation

Aww that's nice. Glad I'm not the only one.